Cut Face Slopes
Civil Engineering & Construction
Platipus Anchors are the global market leaders in the design, manufacture and supply of Percussion Driven Earth Anchors (PDEA®). Founded in 1982, we are renowned for providing some of the most innovative and cost effective anchoring solutions for the Civil Engineering and Construction industries.
The Percussion Driven Earth Anchor (PDEA®) is a unique, modern and versatile device that can be rapidly deployed in most displaceable ground conditions. It offers a lightweight corrosion resistant anchor that can be driven from ground level using conventional portable equipment. It creates minimal disturbance of the soil during installation, can be stressed to an exact holding capacity and made fully operational immediately. As a completely dry system it also has minimal environmental impact.
The Platipus® anchor system can be used in many situations. Below are some illustrations of the most common applications, click each image below to see how they work.
Key Benefits of the Platipus® Percussion Driven Earth Anchor (PDEA®)
- Simple and effective concept
- Lightweight corrosion resistant products to suit a range of design life requirements
- Fast and easy installation
- Immediate quantifiable loads
- Holding capacity up to 200kN
- Ideal for temporary and permanent situations
- Cost effective alternative to traditional anchoring techniques
- No grout
– No curing time
– No mess
– No contamination
- Low environmental impact
- Can be suitable for Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI)
- Design assistance including conceptual proposals & full indemnification
- Technical presentations
- Pre-contract site evaluation & anchor testing
- On-site training and support