Rootball Fixing System - Plati-Mat
The Platipus rootball fixing system, including Plati- Mat, remains the preferred method of securing rootballed and containerised semi-mature trees. The ease of installation and lack of unsightly guy wires makes it the first choice of customers.
Over the past two decades, we have developed an extensive range of unique underground fixing solutions to suit most applications.
The Plati-Mat allows secure positioning of newly transplanted trees, whilst offering major benefits over traditional root support systems.
Available in five standard sizes, the Plati-Mat can be tailored to suit most rootball dimensions. This significant development allows faster installation and provides a greater contact surface area at the top of the rootballed or container grown tree.
The benefits include:
- Planting at the nursery line
- Reduced overall installation time
- More secure fixing creating better establishment
- No unsightly stakes or timber above ground
- Suitable for most rootballed and containerised stock
We are happy to discuss and recommend rootball fixing kits for particular applications and soil conditions. The following chart applies to most tree transplants.
Featured Case Studies
- Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 View Case Study
- Salon de Pinos View Case Study
- Media City Manchester View Case Study
- Priory Park Restoration, Reigate, Surrey View Case Study
- Hardman Square, Spinningfield View Case Study
- Great Ormond Street Hospital For Children - The Friends Garden View Case Study
- Armed Forces War Memorial, Staffordshire View Case Study