Designer Guidelines & Considerations
- Is there accurate information regarding the overall HEIGHT and CIRCUMFERENCE of the trees at 1m from the rootball?
- What size sail area do the trees have?
- Are they coniferous or deciduous?
- The trees should be properly rootwrapped or container grown and of sufficient strength and proportion to support an underground fixing method. If not, then an above ground guying system such as the ‘G’ or ‘CG’ systems should be specified.
- When pushed does the stem move while the rootball or container does not? If so, you cannot use an underground fixing method. An above ground guying system should be specified.
- Where are the trees to be planted?
- What is the site's exposure to winds and heavy rainfall?
- Is there good accessability to the planting area?
- Has an anchor test been carried out?
- Is the site unconsolidated, normal, disturbed or made up ground?
- Have large amounts of top soil been brought in to create planting areas and changes in the profile of the landscape?
- Is the site on an old previous structure where the ground contains rubble and broken concrete?
- Has any landfill been done on any areas of the site?
- Has the planting area been checked for all underground services, such as drains, water, gas, electricity or fibre optic/telecom cables?
- Buried Services are normally identified within 600mm of the surface. Generally, the rootball depths will exceed this. If services are known to be present, recommend an alternative system such as our deadman fixing system.
- If in doubt suggest a CAT scan of the tree planting pit and the surrounding area.
Make An Enquiry AutoCAD Drawings Installation Instructions
Featured Case Studies
- Gaz De France, Calais View Case Study
- Outfall Pipeline Johnstone, Glasgow View Case Study
- Outfall Pipeline - Isle Of Lewis View Case Study
- A1 (m) Bramham To Wetherby Upgrade Scheme, Paradise Farm View Case Study
- Banks Wood, Dowpits Lane Appleby-in-Westmorland, Cumbria View Case Study
- Burgess Hill Embankment Strengthening View Case Study
- Power Line Crossing, Glasgow View Case Study
- White Lion Close, Summerhill, Wrexham View Case Study
- Wickham Market Bridge, Suffolk View Case Study
- A876 Upper Forth Crossing - Kincardine View Case Study
- Flood Storage Pond - Barrhead, Glasgow View Case Study
- Gloucester South West By-Pass View Case Study
- Landfill Capping Anchors - Moleigh & Dalinlongart, Argyle & Bute View Case Study
- Leypark Road, Exeter View Case Study
- Armed Forces War Memorial, Staffordshire View Case Study
- Great Ormond Street Hospital For Children - The Friends Garden View Case Study
- Hardman Square, Spinningfield View Case Study
- Priory Park Restoration, Reigate, Surrey View Case Study
- A876 Upper Forth Crossing, Kincardine View Case Study
- Harbour Road, Cove View Case Study
- Honeycombe Beach, Bournmouth View Case Study
- RNLI Station, Silloth, Cumbria View Case Study
- Controlled Overtopping For Estuary Banks View Case Study
- US Highway 98, Mobile Alabama View Case Study
- Federal Bureau of Prisons, Williamsburg, SC View Case Study
- Alta Vista Pipeline - City OF Montara, CA View Case Study
- Highway 26 in Calaveras County, CA View Case Study
- Banks Wood, Dowpits Lane, Appleby-In-Westmorland, Cumbria - UK View Case Study
- Eglin Air Force Base, Santa Rosa Island, FL View Case Study
- Media City Manchester View Case Study
- Salon de Pinos View Case Study
- Rathfinny Estate - East Sussex View Case Study