Water saturation, due to heavy rainfall and insufficient drainage, leads to the softening of clay soils within slopes and increases hydraulic forces behind earth retaining structures.
Plati-Drain is a unique solution that reduces pore water pressure within clay slopes and behind retaining walls. Unlike conventional weep holes Plati-Drain provides deep penetration. It can also help prevent shallow or deep seated slope failures.
Available as a ‘Passive’ or ‘Active’ solution. The ‘Passive’ system uses a sacrificial anchor head to drive the Plati-Drain into its optimum position providing an immediate channel for water to drain. The ‘Active’ system has an additional wire tendon attached to the anchor which allows it to be loadlocked, providing simultaneous draining and restraining capability.
Featured Case Studies
- Markshall Farm Road Cutting , Norfolk View Case Study
- Wickham Market Bridge, Suffolk View Case Study
- White Lion Close, Summerhill, Wrexham View Case Study
- Power Line Crossing, Glasgow View Case Study
- Burgess Hill Embankment Strengthening View Case Study
- Banks Wood, Dowpits Lane Appleby-in-Westmorland, Cumbria View Case Study
- A1 (m) Bramham To Wetherby Upgrade Scheme, Paradise Farm View Case Study