Buoyancy Control - Introduction
Platipus Anchors are market leaders in the design, manufacture and supply of mechanical earth anchoring products. The company is renowned for providing some of the most innovative and cost-effective anchoring solutions for the Civil Engineering, Construction and Marine industries.
The Percussion Driven Earth Anchor (PDEA®) is a unique, modern and versatile device that can be quickly installed in most displaceable ground conditions. It offers a lightweight corrosion resistant anchor that can be driven from ground level using conventional portable equipment. It creates minimal disturbance in the soil during installation; can be stressed to an exact holding capacity and made fully operational immediately.As a completely dry system it also has minimal impact on the environment.
Key Benefits of the Platipus Earth Anchoring System
- Proven design solutions for buoyancy control of small & large pipelines
- Significant time & cost savings over concrete coating / set on / bolt on weights / bags
- Minimal environmental damage
- Proof testing of each anchor upon installation
- Application designed webbing for fast installation with no damage to pipes or their coating
- Installation before or after the pipe is laid
- No specialist installation equipment required
- Flexible anchor selection for varying soil conditions
- No Cathodic protection required