Introduction To Platipus Anchored Reinforced Grid Solutions (ARGS®)
Stabilizing slopes offer significant challenges. Many times the lack of deep rooted vegetation, excess water, poor drainage, and over steepening make them susceptible to erosion or instability. Platipus® Anchors has over 30 years of experience and has proven that the combination of Percussion Driven Earth Anchors (PDEAs®) and a facing material strong enough to support the load generated by the PDEA® will stabilize these applications.
To stabilize any embankment, first we must determine if it is a temporary or permanent application and if the face is to be vegetated or hard armored. In our experience, we recommend that every slope is analyzed by a qualified Engineer.
Benefits of Anchored Reinforced Grid Solutions (ARGS®):
- Originators of the AnchorMat /ARVS® System
- Over 30 years of experience
- 1000’s of successfully completed projects
- Fast & easy installation
- Immediate & quantifiable loads
- Simple & cost effective
- Low environmental impact
- Can be incorporated with products from most major manufacturers
- Pre-contract site evaluation & anchor testing
- Strong technical guidance, on-site training & support
- Patented ‘Plati-Drain’ solution can reduce pore water pressure within clay slopes & behind retaining walls
Our products are designed to match or exceed the life and performance of the Geotextile, Grids and Liners which they are integrated with to provide both corrosion resistance and performance over a long period.
Some geotextile manufacturer’s advertise elongation characteristics which can only be used for limited applications (i.e. surface erosion). Even then without the correct anchor system, depth, spacings, on site engineering and re-vegetation, the result could be an ineffective solution. We advise that great care is taken in the selection of both bi / tri-axial geotextiles and their intended application.
The soil conditions on and within the slope, (i.e. angle, compaction and drainage) need to be clearly understood before grid and anchors can be chosen.We appreciate that each project is unique. Great care and consideration should be given to understand all of the parameters of the suspected failure (i.e. re-engineering, choice of anchor design, site testing, grid and Contractor) to ensure the combined efforts provide the Client with long term sustainable results.
Featured Case Studies
- Crawcrook Lane Slope Stabilisati View Case Study
- Eglin Air Force Base, Santa Rosa Island, FL View Case Study
- Banks Wood, Dowpits Lane, Appleby-In-Westmorland, Cumbria - UK View Case Study
- Highway 26 in Calaveras County, CA View Case Study
- Alta Vista Pipeline - City OF Montara, CA View Case Study
- Federal Bureau of Prisons, Williamsburg, SC View Case Study
- US Highway 98, Mobile Alabama View Case Study
- Controlled Overtopping For Estuary Banks View Case Study
- Gloucester South West By-Pass View Case Study