Water saturation, due to heavy rainfall and insufficient drainage, leads to the softening of clay soils within slopes and increases hydraulic forces behind earth retaining structures.
Plati-Drain® is a unique patented solution that reduces pore water pressure within clay slopes and behind retaining walls. Unlike conventional weep holes Plati-Drain provides deep penetration, this can be in excess of 10m / 33'. It can also help prevent shallow or deep seated slope failures.
Available as a ‘Passive’ or ‘Active’ solution. The ‘Passive’ system uses a sacrificial anchor head to drive the Plati-Drain® into its optimum position providing an immediate channel for water to drain. The ‘Active’ system has an additional wire tendon attached to the anchor which allows it to be loadlocked, providing simultaneous draining and restraining capability.
Featured Case Studies
- Gloucester South West By-Pass View Case Study
- Controlled Overtopping For Estuary Banks View Case Study
- US Highway 98, Mobile Alabama View Case Study
- Federal Bureau of Prisons, Williamsburg, SC View Case Study
- Alta Vista Pipeline - City OF Montara, CA View Case Study
- Highway 26 in Calaveras County, CA View Case Study
- Banks Wood, Dowpits Lane, Appleby-In-Westmorland, Cumbria - UK View Case Study
- Eglin Air Force Base, Santa Rosa Island, FL View Case Study