Civil Engineering and Construction - Introduction
Controlled Overtopping For Estuary Banks
The Platipus® ARGS has been used successfully throughout the world in post cyclone flood defence reconstruction work. Applications include securing high strength turf reinforcement matting within the flood bank, wave and overtopping zone. This prevents erosion due to wave attack and scour due to flow velocities of up to 5.5m/s on the back face. Turf reinforcement treatment can allow design overtopping depths of up to 0.7m for more than 8 hours, removing the need to add height to flood banks which may often be subject to bearing capacity failure and continual settlement.
In addition to our standard ARGS, bespoke anchoring solutions for interlocking concrete revetment mats allow high velocities to be accommodated without uplift, ideal in spillway and wave attack situations.
Benefits of the Platipus® ARGS System:-
- Provides immediate protection against wave erosion and overtopping
- Offers significant cost savings compared to alternative engineering solutions
- Extremely effective in situations where access is difficult
- Quick & easy to install, in most cases, requiring only hand-held equipment.
- Minimal impact on the environment
Featured Case Studies
- A1 (m) Bramham To Wetherby Upgrade Scheme, Paradise Farm View Case Study
- Banks Wood, Dowpits Lane Appleby-in-Westmorland, Cumbria View Case Study
- Burgess Hill Embankment Strengthening View Case Study
- Power Line Crossing, Glasgow View Case Study
- White Lion Close, Summerhill, Wrexham View Case Study
- Wickham Market Bridge, Suffolk View Case Study