Civil Engineering and Construction - Introduction
Power Line Crossing, Glasgow
Client: Scottish Power
Main Contractor: Interserve
Anchor Installer: Complete Access Ltd
To protect the vehicles travelling along this section of the busy M73 motorway while essential
maintenance and replacement works were carried out to the overhead power lines a scaffolding
structure carrying a safety net was erected.
The scaffolding towers were erected in the field area beyond the hard shoulder of both carriageways.
To provide support to prevent overturning anchors were installed and secured to the structures.
Anchor System: S85 aluminium alloy anchor c/w 1.5m of 8mm Ø galvanised steel wire tendon, large soft eye, single leg system.
Anchor Design Life: 5yrs
Soil Type: Greenfield
Featured Case Studies
- Markshall Farm Road Cutting , Norfolk View Case Study
- Wickham Market Bridge, Suffolk View Case Study
- White Lion Close, Summerhill, Wrexham View Case Study
- Power Line Crossing, Glasgow View Case Study
- Burgess Hill Embankment Strengthening View Case Study
- Banks Wood, Dowpits Lane Appleby-in-Westmorland, Cumbria View Case Study
- A1 (m) Bramham To Wetherby Upgrade Scheme, Paradise Farm View Case Study