Welcome To Platipus
Over 30 years of experience in providing Percussion Driven Earth Anchoring Solutions (PDEA's) for a wide variety of market sectors. The proof of our work, engineering skills and diligence speaks for itself in the large portfolio of examples and applications shown on our website.
Since being founded in 1982, Platipus Anchors has become renowned as the market-leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of mechanical earth anchoring products after earning the reputation of providing some of the most cost-effective, innovative and easily-installed anchoring solutions to a wide range of industries throughout the world.
On our website, you can find out more about the various applications for which our ground anchors are suited, view Case Studies and Technical Data about our products, and download brochures for more information on our product range.
Alternatively, you can contact us to get details about:
- Anchor specifications, various anchoring solutions and standard kits
- How a mechanical anchor works
- Anchor system components
- Features and benefits of the anchor system
- Design life
- Installation equipment
- Typical Examples
- How you can purchase our earth anchoring solutions
Platipus Anchors designs and manufactures high quality ground anchoring solutions that can be used across a wide range of market sectors, including Civil Engineering (e.g. retaining walls, slope stabilisation, bridge repair, pipelines, guyed structures and erosion control), Landscape (e.g. tree anchoring and irrigation systems), Agricultural (e.g. crop protection, vineyard, orchard and soft fruit trellising) and many others.
Platipus Anchors has a wide range of products and anchor designs. For example, the Stealth Anchor, with its narrow profile, is designed to cover a wide range of lightweight anchoring and requires only a single core hole to drive through a stone or masonry wall. In contrast, the Platipus Bat Anchor is designed to achieve higher loads and also enhance anchoring in softer cohesive soils.
In addition, Plati-Drain, which is a unique solution in the UK, reduces pore water pressure within clay slopes and behind retaining walls and the Anchored Reinforced Grid Solutions (ARGS) can offer some standard anchor systems for surface erosion and shallow slide protection applications.
In the UK, Platipus Anchoring Solutions have been implemented by:
- Network Rail - to reduce pore water pressure and strengthen the Burgess Hill Embankment
- Rathfinny Estate – to provide secure anchor points to the potentially largest commercial vineyard in the UK
- Highways Agency – temporary works anchoring of a sheet-piled retaining structure for the A43 Wolvercote Viaduct Replacement
- Great Ormond Street Hospital Trust – a bespoke tree anchoring system was implemented to allow trees to be fixed to their steel containers on ‘The Friends Roof Garden’
- Gloucestershire County Council – providing erosion protection measures for the Gloucester South West By-Pass
- Scottish Power - to implement a protective Power Line Crossing over a busy section of the M73 in Glasgow
- Scottish Water – to securely anchor a 700m section of Outfall Pipeline across the Isle of Lewis
In addition to supplying Anchoring Solutions, Platipus Anchors offers a number of Additional Services, including training and product support, to help its customers get the best use out of the anchoring systems they purchase. Other services offered include:
- Anchor Testing – recommended if soil information is not available, this additional service will provide details of the exact proficiency of the anchor system and highlight other important considerations, such as accessibility.
- Design Assistance – technical support and various levels of Indemnified Design.
- Approved Installers – Platipus can provide you access to a network of fully trained, Approved Installers near you in the UK, who can provide a supply and install price
- On-Site Instruction & Supervision – We offer a comprehensive range of on-site training and demonstrations to our customers.
- Research & Development – Platipus Anchors is continually conducting research to provide cost effective anchoring solutions for new applications.
- Technical Presentations – 1-on-1 or group formal presentations about the advantages of the Platipus earth anchoring systems are available at a time and location to suit you.